Basement mould is a troublesome problem caused by excess moisture or water leaks in your basement. If you suspect that your basement has a mould problem, it is extremely important that you call the experts to have the mould removed. Water damage in the basement can threaten the structural integrity of your home, and mould can cause allergies and severe health problems for residents if left unattended. If you notice any of the following signs, contact mould removal specialists immediately so they can take care of the problem:

Visible Signs of Growth

You can easily tell if you have a basement mould problem if you see signs of mould growth. Mould appears in many different colours, but the most common visual sign is clusters of small black or green spots or patches. Mould will often form around source areas where water has leaked in or excess moisture has gathered.

Musty Odour

Even if you can’t visually see any signs of mould, you can probably tell if you have a problem when you notice a mouldy, musty smell. If you notice this smell but do not see visible signs of mould, it is likely that the mould is growing behind the walls, behind wallpaper, in insulation, or even in air ducts. Basement mould removal experts can inspect and use testing measures to identify unseen sources of mould and begin the remediation process.

Signs of Water Damage

Basement mould often results due to water damage. Therefore, if you see signs of water damage, then it is likely that mould is also present or soon to follow unless you fix the water damage. Signs of water damage in basements include water stains, warping of walls, condensation on the ceiling, damp surfaces, or even puddles of water due to a serious leak or flooding situation.

Allergic Reaction

Many people have strong allergic reactions to mould in their basement. You or your loved ones experience symptoms of congestion, runny nose, sneezing, sore eyes, and general discomfort. If you find these symptoms getting worse at home, it is definitely possible that you have a basement mould problem.

Toxic Symptoms

Some forms of mould may be incredibly toxic to humans and cause very serious symptoms like headaches, dizziness, and memory loss. If you or your loved ones experience any of these mental effects, it is imperative that you seek immediate medical attention and also contact basement mould removal specialists to solve the problem and protect your health.

If you still suspect a mould problem but see no obvious evidence, contact basement mould removal experts to plan a mould test. They can sample surfaces and the air for mould spores. Take care of this problem today and protect the integrity of your home and the health of your family.